About the Journal
Hellenic Journal of STEM Education is an international journal and aims to contribute to new knowledge creation in the field and enhance understanding of ways in which STEM epistemology can improve education, through the publication of high-quality double blind peer-reviewed research. The Editorial team welcomes research papers on the STEM pedagogy, which combine theory and practice.
1. The aim of the HJ STEM Ed is to create a forum for open discussion of scientific research in the field of STEM education.
2. HJ STEM Ed publishes original articles on the latest trends in STEM pedagogy occurring internationally in STEM curriculum including learning and teaching using the STEM epistemology, policy reforms in STEM education, training of teachers in STEM pedagogy, with the aim to enhance our knowledge of what is STEM content epistemology and what are the STEM practices in the classroom.
3. HJ STEM Ed publishes original articles on the latest trends in STEM pedagogy occurring internationally in STEM curriculum including learning and teaching using the STEM epistemology, policy reforms in STEM education, training of teachers in STEM pedagogy, with the aim to enhance our knowledge of what is STEM content epistemology and what are the STEM practices in the classroom
The journal asks for research papers in the following sections:
- STEM Epistemologies comprising of empirical and theoretical research studies on the tran-disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary approaches/contributions.
- The relation of Computational Thinking and computing with the STEM content approach
- The physical computing and STEM
- The curriculum reforms in STEM Education
- Pedagogical strategies for STEM Education
- The connection of Computational Science with the STEM content epistemology
- The inclusion of Arts in STEM
- The inclusion of Serious games in STEM
- The unplugged STEM
- The inclusion of psychological and social aspects in STEM
- The inclusion of ideological and cultural issues in STEM
- The investigation of the relation of popular science with STEM
- Quantum Computing and Computational Thinking
- Machine Learning / AI in Education Applications
Keywords: STEM education, STEM Epistemology, Computing, Computational Science, Computational Thinking, Arts
Speed of publication: Journal provides a fast publication timetable following a clear peer-review process. Accepted articles will be publishes on line with free access.
Readership: Educators , researchers in STEM pedagogy, Departments of Education, undergraduate and postgraduate students and supervisors
HJ STEM Ed publishes three types of articles:
- Research articles that report STEM education and related studies (max. 10.000 words including references)
- Review and perspectives articles that provide general overviews on any theoretical topic relevant to STEM education and related topics (max. 10.000 words including references)
- Short communications that raise relevant questions or report preliminary works from the field of STEM education and related approaches in science education (max. 2.000 words including references)
Hellenic Journal of STEM Education is published online in English by a collaboration between iSER (The International Society of Educational Research) and E3STEM (Hellenic Education Society for S.T.E.M.). Hellenic J STEM Ed aims to become a major outlet for scientific work in the field of STEM education. All manuscripts are published open access and are subject to CC 4.0. Authors retain the copyright for their articles. Issues are published twice a year which make a volume for the journal. We are implementing a strict double blind review process in which authors and reviewers do not identify the other side. Please visit Author Guidelines to view the review criteria that form the basis of reviewer evaluation and editor decision.